Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Haz a Job!!

For those of you who don't follow my Facebook, I am officially employed...sort of. Target has offered me a job, and Orientation is tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure what that entails, but at least they have agreed to pay me to walk around the store and take people's money!!

Yes, I meant to word it that way. The piece of paper I was handed reads, "Sales Floor Hardlines/Softlines" which I think translates to cashiering and walking the sales floor.

Unfortunately, I accidentally applied to the wrong store (which is easy to do when you don't have to go to the physical store to apply, and they just list the stores close to you when you go online) so I will be looking at an hour drive for early morning weekday shifts, or 30 minutes on a good day when there's little traffic and no school (I have to get through the local high school traffic to get to my store, and having gone to that school for four years, I know what a MESS it can be). Especially since I will be sitting in traffic at least half that time, I am not looking forward to the toll this job is going to take on my gas tank.

BUT THERE MAY BE A SOLUTION!! If I move in with my dad, it will cut the distance I have to drive in more than half...the only unfortunate side to that is the six people currently living there. (That number can be bumped up to nine if you include the kids (like me) who have moved away.) Now, it's not a tiny house, but it's not a mansion either, and I would venture to guess six people is just about what it can comfortably hold. On top of that, the only room available to be converted into a bedroom is a small library, with no closet, in the basement. And the basement bathroom? Down right scary; it's very likely to be infested with spiders on any given day, and it is only used regularly by two teenage boys, so you can imagine how well they keep it clean.

Whereas I currently have a very spacious bedroom on the second floor, with my own bathroom - I know I have it good where I am right now. Not to mention, my grandmother's house is a mere ten minutes from the community college where I plan to finish the twelve credits outstanding on my degree. If I had managed to get a job at the Target nearer to her house, I would be on (relative) easy street. As it is, I have a dilemma I must solve as soon as possible.

What I think I am going to do, is "live" with my grandmother, but stay with my Dad whenever I have multiple days of work. For example, if I have shifts from Monday morning to Wednesday afternoon, I will stay at my Dad's house from Sunday night until Wednesday evening. Hopefully this will help my gas consumption just a little bit. And then, once I am established at the company, I plan on trying to request a transfer to a store closer to where I am living.

But nevertheless,
I HAZ A JOB FINALLY!! YAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment