Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dragon Week!!

Shark Week is one of my favorite weeks of the year - I have been obsessed with marine biology (to varying degrees) since I was six years old, and sharks were always my favorite. My mother knows this about me, and it's kind of hard to ignore my love for fantasy, so a couple days ago she posted this picture on my timeline:
The caption read, "This isn't a real thing...but it should be" and I agreed with it. So I decided to make it a real thing - Dragon Week is the seven days leading up to Dragon*Con, which start today. Sadly, I don't have a tv channel with which to celebrate Dragon Week, and my YouTube channel is not functional enough yet (just wait til next year though). So for now it will have to be personal, and however you want to celebrate dragons in your own home. For me, I plan on watching a dragon movie each night. Here's my list so far (in no particular order):
1. Dragonheart (one of the best dragon movies out there - if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and find it. I mean, Remus Lupin plays an evil king!)
2. Eragon (unfortunately...I really hate that movie, but it is centered around a dragon - I may replace it though)
3. Reign of Fire (I haven't actually seen this movie yet, but Christian Bale fighting dragons? I have to check this out)
4. How to Train Your Dragon (again, haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's adorable and awesome, and I mean, dragon is in the name)
5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Norbert)
6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (the Norwegian Ridgeback)
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt 2 (the Gringotts dragon)
As always, if you have suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below or tweet me and let me know what I should be watching.

Since I only came up with the idea of celebrating Dragon Week yesterday, this year is not going to be a big deal, but that also means I have a full year to plan next year's Dragon Week. I am going to get my YouTube channel up and running enough that we can dedicate the entire week to celebrating Dragons and Dragon*Con. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Eragon is a crap movie. But How to Train Your Dragon is STUNNINGLY good.

    ReplyDelete