Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Long Overdue

Wow, I haven't posted in a while. Sorry about that! My apartment lost internet for a few days, and then I had a busy weekend at work, so I took a day trip out of the city today (Monday). I should actually be going to sleep so that I'm ready for work tomorrow, but I felt bad that I hadn't posted since Wednesday.

Anyway, Pedro introduced me to a new store today, Hastings. I don't know how popular it is (in other words, I have no idea how late to the game I am), but I am going to have to find a reason to make the 45 minute trip more often; it was a bookstore, a comic book store, a dvd store, and a music store ALL IN ONE. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Absolutely fantastic - I have definitely found a new favorite store of all time. Then, once Pedro and I had gotten back from the day trip, our group decided to go to dinner and a movie. When we finished dinner, we still had about an hour and a half to kill before Haywire started, so Kris, Pedro, Pedro's roommate Spence and I decided to go to Target. WHERE I FOUND $9 BOBBLEHEADS!!!
I am so excited - this one will be living on the windowsill in my room. I think I have developed a problem, because I definitely plan on collecting many more - they are just too stinkin' cute!
After Target we went to see Haywire. It was a very entertaining movie, and I enjoyed it very much, but it is definitely an action movie (read: awesome action scenes, so-so story). The entire premise seemed to be, "Let's get as many stars together as we can, and then have them beat the shit out of each other!" but the fight scenes did not disappoint. As my roommate Liz said, it was "an interesting movie filled with badassery" - I walked out of the theater wishing I could be the lead character, Mallory, because she could hold her own, your own, plus your next door neighbor's own and still be able to punch you in the kidneys. Plus, Antonio Banderas, Ewan MacGregor, Channing Tatum and Michael Fassbender are just ATTRACTIVE. There is no way around it (those who also made appearances: Michael Douglas, Bill Paxton, and the kid from Sky High...Michael Angarano?).

So, I'm trying something new for my next post: is there anything you would like to see me talk about? Leave a comment and let me know what you want to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment