Thursday, June 14, 2012

Three Weeks Left!!

I have three weeks left in Arkansas, and it is incredibly bittersweet. As much as I have enjoyed Little Rock, and have connected with some seriously awesome people, I am beyond ready to move on to the next step in my life. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm going to do to pay my bills, but my passion projects are gearing up to be FANTASTIC. I am really really excited about what we have planned for the YouTube channel. I don't want to give too much away yet, because we will be making a public announcement in August, but just know that if you are a nerd who enjoys lively discussion and debate, you should stay tuned for details!!

But on a realistic note, I am sort of panicking about going back to Georgia. I don't have a job officially lined up, I'm trying to completely switch careers, it seems to be impossible for me to save money, and I have hundreds of dollars in bills every month (and I don't even pay rent/utilities yet). Every time I think of the reality of what I'm about to do - as opposed to the romanticized passion project dream I cling to - I very nearly have a panic attack. Logically, I know what my steps should be, and I recite them to concerned family members every time I am asked. Step one is to find a P.A. job on a TV show, which will lead to a writer's assistant job, which will lead to a writer job. That's the ultimate goal.
But even though I know intellectually that those are the steps to take, I freeze because I have no idea how to even take that first step. I listen to the Nerdist Writer's Panel podcast in the hopes that I will find inspiration or encouragement, or just a bloody idea of what the hell I'm doing, and sometimes it works.
I think I just need to stop, take a deep breath, and move back to Georgia. I have to believe it will be easier to find a job once I'm actually in Atlanta and able to go on interviews. Until then, I am going to work on my passion projects and make sure they are worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment